New Mexico Financial & Family Law Annual Veterans Scholarship
Every day, armed service members sacrifice their own time and risk their personal well-being for the sake of upholding our country’s most important interests. Whether they are a full-time enlisted soldier, a career commissioned officer, or a part-time reservist, all are called upon at some point to put themselves on the line for America.
We at New Mexico Financial & Family Law want to give something back. Veterans in our Albuquerque communities and throughout the country deserve not only our recognition but also our support. To do so, we pledge to dedicate $1,000 in scholarship money to veterans currently attending or enrolling in higher education programs.
New Mexico Financial & Family Veterans’ Scholarship
Anyone enrolled in an accredited university, college, or professional certification program and who has served in the armed forces is eligible to apply. The deadline for application for the given calendar year is November 30th. Winners are announced by December 31st, and funds are awarded in January for the following Spring semester.
Let us help say thank you for all that you have done. Review the eligibility criteria and scholarship details below, and then tell us your story in a short essay responding to the prompts. We cannot wait to hear from you, and we look forward to giving you the opportunity to show our appreciation in terms of financial support for your own career advancement.
Who Is Eligible to Receive the New Mexico Financial Family Veterans’ Scholarship?
- Open to any individual in any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States, including active duty, veteran, or an immediate family member of someone who is active duty or veteran of the armed forces
- Only open to students attending programs in the United States or in U.S. territories
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited higher education institution or have notice of acceptance for a program beginning within six months of applying to the scholarship
- Applicant’s most recent GPA must be a 3.0 or above
New Mexico Financial Family Law Veterans’ Scholarship Details
- Scholarship value is $1,000
- The deadline is November 30th
- Winners are contacted through email, phone, or another listed preferred contact method
- Funds are released in January of the following year for the corresponding Spring semester
- By applying, you grant us permission to discuss your story (potentially anonymously) in a media release published through press outlets and social media channels
Please submit via email or the accompanying online contact form relevant contact information as well as information about your service, your education program, and any other relevant information.
Please attach a short essay (400 – 600 words) answering the following questions:
- How has your experience as a servicemember [or as a family member of one] informed your decision to further pursue your education, and what challenges have you had to overcome in your pursuit?
- What are your goals, and in what ways do you feel that continuing your education will be beneficial to you, your family, your community, your dedicated cause, etc.?
- How will this scholarship help you financially, and how do you intend on financing the remaining expenses for the semester?
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
New Mexico Financial & Family Law appoints a selection committee for the purposes of determining the scholarship winner. Winners are selected based on the merits of their past service, future ambitions, and dedication to a specific career or professional path.
All decisions of the selection committee are final, however, we do reserve the right to modify the scholarship terms or amend the announced winner based on relevant factors, including non-response by an initial winner. New Mexico Financial & Family Law is not responsible for technical issues that prevent applications from being submitted or considered. Selections are made on a non-discriminatory basis, with no preference shown to age, gender, race, national origin, sexual preference, rank, income, or other criteria not directly related to the merits of the submitted essay or the intended use of the scholarship funds.
Chosen winners will be announced publicly, although the recipient can be anonymized. For any submissions, you hereby grant to New Mexico Financial & Family Law a worldwide, non-exclusive license to use that material in any media and, specifically, to link to the materials and to make that material available via our website, social media, and via mobile phone networks. You warrant that all such materials are original and do not infringe the rights of any third party and that you have the right to grant such a license. You also warrant that the material is not obscene, offensive, or defamatory to any person or otherwise illegal. Your name may be published alongside your material. If you do not want to grant these rights, please do not submit material. If you submit any video, film, recorded music, text, photographs, graphics, or other materials, you hereby warrant and represent that you personally created, wrote, and produced such content and all materials contained within such content, or that you have written permission from or are authorized by the owner(s) of those materials for such use.